Monday 15 April 2013

a cheery post about colours :)


the house is quiet again...school is back and this morning was strange, waving the boys off and realising how fast they are growing up...so I got busy with the camera and snapped a few pics of this to cheer me up :)


before Easter I had chopped into my 'very very extra special' stash  for this quilt and stitched it all together... then we went away...


when we returned I started quilting it and then spent a few nights hand stitching and binding....


I think this is my favourite quilt so far.. (I realise I say that every time I finish a new one)...the others have been a bit experimental but this one knew exactly where it was going...simple squares with full on pops of colour and pattern and it makes me smile :)


of course I got carried away and cut too many squares so I made some more cushions inspired by my  swappy ones from before....


then I made a few more owl cushions...


available here


beci orpin inspired mobile :)

I am planning a bit of a change in the workshed...and I need to make some room, so I will be saying goodbye to most of my vintage fabric stash...collecting them for so many years has taken its toll on my storage and I need some space...so keep a look out in my shop in the next few weeks :)

have a lovely week

x x x x x x x